John Deere X105 Lawn Tractor
- Comfortable Operation
- Edge Cutting System
- Deck engagement mechanical
- Mulching kit optional
The X105 Tractor, with its automatic transmission and powerful overhead-valve engine, is a great value. It has a 107-cm (42-in.) mower deck that is ready to side discharge, bag, or mulch. A large variety of equipment is available for handling snow and doing other lawn-care chores.
Features & Extra Info
Automatic transmission makes it easy to choose the exact travel speed for each operating condition
The automatic transmission allows the operator to easily choose the desired forward or reverse travel speed, simply by depressing a single foot pedal; this is similar to the way the driver of an automobile with automatic transmission changes speed when depressing the accelerator.
No matter whether a slow speed for trimming or faster speed for open-area mowing is desired, the operator can easily adjust, by how far the foot pedal is depressed.
With the brake pedal depressed and the forward/reverse lever in the center park or the forward position, the engine can be started. Once the engine is started, it is not necessary to use the brake pedal when selecting forward or reverse or when changing direction of travel. Simply move the forward/reverse lever to select travel direction, then press the automatic foot pedal to choose from an infinite number of travel speeds.
With the automatic speed control pedal, the operator can choose from an infinite number of speeds forward or reverse:
- Forward: 0 to 8.9 km/h (0 to 5.5 mph)
- Reverse: 0 to 5.1 km/h (0 to 3.2 mph)
The Edge™ Cutting System gives superior performance
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 107-cm (42-in.) two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 2.7-mm (0.105-in.) 12-gauge steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is standard equipment on the X125 model.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
- The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 230-L rear bagger is sold separately.
Mower wash port
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector can be purchased locally for connecting to the wash port.
StarLock™ blade design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
- Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower deck height adjustment
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 6 mm (0.25 in.) allow fine-tuning the cut height.
Powerful engine features full-pressure lubrication for dependability and long life
A 6.85-kW at 3350 rpm single-cylinder engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeve for long engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Anti-vibration system
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Large fuel filter for trouble-free operation
- No-tools oil-drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 3.0-mm (0.11-in.) 12-gauge steel:
- Full-length, robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
CargO Mount™ system makes installation of rear bagger easy
The rear CargO Mount system provides convenient and easy installation of the rear bagger.
Cast-iron front axle will not bend
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend:
- Automotive-like steering system with sector and pinion steering gears provide a very strong, low-effort, and tight-turning system.
- Grease fittings allow regular lubrication to help maintain easy steering and minimize wear.
- Large, 19-mm (0.75-in.) diameter wheel spindles provide excellent durability.
Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up if deemed necessary
Mowing while backing up is strongly discouraged.
The operator who deems it necessary to keep the mower (or other implement) engaged while backing up should first bring the tractor to a stop and look behind the tractor to be sure there are no bystanders. Then actuate (push in) the RIO button. The RIO button must be held down in the reverse implement position as the shift lever is moved into reverse (reverse foot pedal is depressed on automatic drive models).
The operator may then release the button and the mower will continue to operate while backing up and also when resuming forward operation. This procedure must be repeated the next time the operator chooses to keep the mower engaged while backing up. If the mower power take-off (PTO) is engaged and the operator shifts into reverse or depresses the reverse pedal prior to pressing the RIO button, ignition to the engine will be shut off. The engine will stop unless the operator either pushes on the RIO switch or shifts out of reverse.
If the engine does stop, the operator must return the mower engagement (PTO) switch or lever to the off position, depress the brake pedal, and then turn the ignition switch to restart the engine.
Hood will not dent or rust and includes quality headlights for good visibility
The hood is made of injection-moulded, UV-resistant JD Loy polymer:
- JD Loy material is tough and durable.
- Will not dent or rust
- Colour is moulded in for long-lasting good looks.
- UV-resistant JD Loy material resists fading.
- Openings on the side of the hood let in plenty of cooling air while keeping the sound level low.
- Two headlights provide good lighting for night time operation.
Operator station designed for comfortable operation
- Three-spoke steering wheel for greater operator comfort and control.
- Ignition switch is on the dash for starting ease.
- Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration rubber footpads are provided for operator comfort and safety.
- Operator seat can be easily adjusted forward or backward while on the seat, with seat travel of 140 mm (5.5 in.) and 10 different positions.
- Seat can be tilted forward for protection from the elements and to provide easy access to the fuel tank. Seat springs give a smoother ride.
- Beverage holder and forward/reverse lever are found on the right fender for added value and operator convenience.
- To drive, the forward/reverse lever of the continuously variable transmission (CVT) on the right-hand side controls direction. Movement is engaged and speed is controlled with the singe drive pedal located on the right-hand side.
- The mower deck is engaged with the yellow lever on the dashboard. Its placement on the right side leaves a lot of room on the left, the entry side of the tractor.
Fuel tank has gauge to show fuel level from the operator’s seat
The fuel tank gauge allows the operator to tell how much fuel is in the tank without leaving the seat:
- Easy-to-check fuel level
- Convenient location
- Fuel tank:
- Capacity is 9 L (9.5 qt)
- Large-diameter fuel-filler opening is conveniently located under the tractor seat.
|Recommended Mowing Area||
Up to 4000 m²
|Mower Cutting Width||
6.85 kW at 3350 rpm
Up to 8.9 km/h (5.5 mph) Forward
If you've got any pre or post sales questions regarding this product fill in the form below and we'll get back to you ASAP. Or, feel free to call us on 01239 613 420 and chat to one of our team over the phone.