John Deere X165 Lawn Tractor
- Comfortable Operation
- Edge Cutting System
- Automatic transmission
- Exceptional build quality
The X165 combines dependability, durability and power in every aspect of its construction, including a fully welded steel frame and a cast-iron front axle.
Operating the mower is a breeze, too, with an ergonomic operator station, quality headlights, and an infinite choice of ground speeds.
Easy to Own. Easy to Operate. Easy to Maintain. The X165 Lawn Tractor
Features & Extra Info
Hydro/automatic drive gives an infinite choice of ground speeds
A Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydro/automatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy:
- Automotive-type accelerator provides infinite speed selection for the ultimate in operator comfort and convenience.
- Pedals have a different shape and motion for easy identification and increased safety.
- Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Easy-to-use cruise control option maintains the tractor’s speed for mowing larger areas.
- To engage, lift up on the cruise lever and hold it until foot is removed from the forward pedal.
- To disengage, lightly press and then release the forward pedal.
- For emergency stops, cruise can be released by pushing on the brake pedal or pushing down on the cruise control lever.
The Edge™ Cutting System gives superior performance
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 48 inch, two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 2.7-mm (0.105-in.) 12-gauge steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass build up and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is standard equipment on the X125 model.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
- The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 230-L rear bagger is sold separately.
Mower wash port
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector can be purchased locally for connecting to the wash port.
StarLock™ blade design
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
- Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
Mower deck height adjustment
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 6 mm (0.25 in.) allow fine-tuning the cut height.
Engine is powerful and smooth-running V-twin design
A 12.1-kW at 3350 rpm, V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- No-tools oil-drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
Full-featured engine is more reliable and lasts longer
This full-featured engine is engineered to deliver world-class endurance and power. A step above the competition, it is designed to be more dependable and longer lasting, saving time and money over the long run.
Built to exceed demanding needs by incorporating premium features and innovative designs:
- Overhead valve (OHV) design for cooler operation and longer valve life
- Contains an advanced debris management system that directs cooling air through the rotating screen to the air cleaner compartment, where large debris is pre-filtered through ejector slots
- Keeps unfiltered air out of the engine through a large, dual-sealed, premium oval-shaped cartridge-style filter
- Ensures maximum protection for extended engine life with the premium air cleaner, a pleated paper filter with a foam precleaner
- Captures fine particles for maximum protection and extended maintenance
- Provides maximum protection with full-pressure lubrication system
- Pumps oil by a mechanical rotor-style pump to all critical engine components
- Enhances the system through a premium automotive-style spin-on oil filter, which removes over 95 percent of oil contaminates
- A premium bearing package for improved durability; includes a super-finished crank pin bearing with a 50 percent smoother surface to increase load capacity by 35 percent
- Uses a premium DU Teflon®-coated bearing
- Helps resist wear and increases durability through self-lubricating bronze bearing
- Wear-resistant chrome-plated valve stems for long-life valves
- 44 percent smoother for longer life
- Cast-iron cylinder sleeve for extended life
- Dependable float-feed type carburetor with integral fuel pump
- High-capacity fuel filter for dependable operation
- 30 micron filter with 55 percent more filter area than standard filters
- Maintenance-free electronic ignition for quick, dependable starts
- Platinum spark plugs for extended life
Frame made of full-length welded steel for reliability
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 3.0-mm (0.11-in.) 12-gauge steel:
- Full-length, robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
CargO Mount™ system makes installation of rear bagger easy
The rear CargO Mount system provides convenient and easy installation of the rear bagger.
Cast-iron front axle will not bend
The front axle is constructed of solid cast iron that will not bend:
- Automotive-like steering system with sector and pinion steering gears provide a very strong, low-effort, and tight-turning system.
- Grease fittings allow regular lubrication to help maintain easy steering and minimize wear.
- Large, 19-mm (0.75-in.) diameter wheel spindles provide excellent durability.
Reverse Implement Option (RIO) allows operator to mow while backing up if deemed necessary
Mowing while backing up is strongly discouraged.
The operator who deems it necessary to keep the mower (or other implement) engaged while backing up should first bring the tractor to a stop and look behind the tractor to be sure there are no bystanders. Then actuate (push in) the RIO button. The RIO button must be held down in the reverse implement position as the shift lever is moved into reverse (reverse foot pedal is depressed on automatic drive models).
The operator may then release the button and the mower will continue to operate while backing up and also when resuming forward operation. This procedure must be repeated the next time the operator chooses to keep the mower engaged while backing up. If the mower power take-off (PTO) is engaged and the operator shifts into reverse or depresses the reverse pedal prior to pressing the RIO button, ignition to the engine will be shut off. The engine will stop unless the operator either pushes on the RIO switch or shifts out of reverse.
If the engine does stop, the operator must return the mower engagement (PTO) switch or lever to the off position, depress the brake pedal, and then turn the ignition switch to restart the engine.
Hood will not dent or rust and includes quality headlights for good visibility
The hood is made of injection-moulded, UV-resistant JD Loy polymer:
- JD Loy material is tough and durable.
- Will not dent or rust
- Colour is moulded in for long-lasting good looks.
- UV-resistant JD Loy material resists fading.
- Openings on the side of the hood let in plenty of cooling air while keeping the sound level low.
- Two headlights provide good lighting for night time operation.
Operator station designed for comfortable operation
- Three-spoke steering wheel for greater operator comfort and control.
- Ignition switch is on the dash for starting ease.
- Wide footrest areas with non-slip, anti-vibration rubber footpads are provided for operator comfort and safety.
- Operator seat can be easily adjusted forward or backward while on the seat, with seat travel of 140 mm (5.5 in.) and 10 different positions.
- Seat can be tilted forward for protection from the elements and to provide easy access to the fuel tank. Seat springs give a smoother ride.
- Beverage holder and forward/reverse lever are found on the right fender for added value and operator convenience.
- To drive, the forward/reverse lever of the continuously variable transmission (CVT) on the right-hand side controls direction. Movement is engaged and speed is controlled with the singe drive pedal located on the right-hand side.
- The mower deck is engaged with the yellow lever on the dashboard. Its placement on the right side leaves a lot of room on the left, the entry side of the tractor.
Fuel tank has gauge to show fuel level from the operator’s seat
The fuel tank gauge allows the operator to tell how much fuel is in the tank without leaving the seat:
- Easy-to-check fuel level
- Convenient location
- Fuel tank:
- Capacity is 9 L (9.5 qt)
- Large-diameter fuel-filler opening is conveniently located under the tractor seat.
|Recommended Mowing Area||
Up to 6000 m²
|Mower Cutting Width||
12.1 kW at 3150 rpm
Up to 8.9 km/h (5.5 mph) Forward
If you've got any pre or post sales questions regarding this product fill in the form below and we'll get back to you ASAP. Or, feel free to call us on 01239 613 420 and chat to one of our team over the phone.